You would think that after having lived in Paris for nine months, I would have checked off every item on my “Things To Do Before I Leave Paris” list. Wrong. I somehow managed to leave all of the big things until the last, I kid you not, week of my stay. Things like going to the Musée d’Orsay, the Louvre, the Marmottan, and countless others. Although, strangely, I don’t at all regret it. I spent my last weeks doing other things and making amazing memories with amazing people. And to be fair, I had already been to both the Musée d’Orsay and the Louvre when I first came to Paris two years ago, but of course didn’t spend nearly enough time in either of them, as I was only in the city for literally 12 hours.
There were a few things on my list that I was able to check off, thanks to German and Mathieu:
– have one last crêpe at the crêpe stand in front of the Eiffel Tower by the carousel
– take a picture with the “LOVE ME” graffiti on the Pont d’Iéna
– film an OOTD in Place de la Concorde
– visit the Père Lachaise cemetery
– visit Rue Princesse (mainly because Ycare has a song called Rue Princesse)
– climb the Arc de Triomphe
– ride the shortest metro line (3bis)
That’s Mathieu with his little Pink Floyd backpack!
– take some photos of me and my then boyfriend, Mathieu
– go to the first bakery I went to when I first came to Paris two years ago and order something in French (something I had been too scared to do the first time around)
– picnic on the Champs de Mars
Don’t look at the girl in front taking a selfie, but look at the couple in the middle who are just enjoying the hell out of this moment.
– take a photo in a Photomaton booth in the metro
– go to a typical French café
Ended up going to a bunch my last week.
Paris was good to me. I did so much, but I still have so much to do the next time I’m there. That’s why I love this city.